Nantahala Adventure Pass with Guided Rafting
Duration: 5 - 8 Hours
Availability: Memorial Day - Labor Day
Activities: Guided Rafting, Zip Line, Flatwater Rentals, Mountain Biking
Price: $90 - $95
Take advantage of Nantahala Outdoor Center’s most convenient and popular multi-activity offering for a savings of close to $100 per person. The Nantahala Adventure Pass combines a fully guided whitewater-rafting trip with three other activities: the Zip Line Adventure Park, kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals on Fontana Lake and mountain biking on our campus trails. Save big with the best deal in outdoor adventure.
First, begin by selecting the time for your exciting whitewater adventure down the Nantahala River. Pick a morning raft trip for a splashy whitewater ride followed by an afternoon excursion on Fontana Lake, biking on the Flint Ridge Trail and Zip Lining at the canopy Adventure Park.
Or… get your adrenaline fix in the morning with a mountain bike tour on NOC’s Flint Ridge Trail. Next, head to the Zip Line Adventure Park to race on the 550’ Wesser zip line. Don’t forget to take a break for a riverside lunch! Round off the day with an afternoon of bouncing waves and fast currents as your whitewater rafting guide shares information about the area’s flora, fauna and rich culture. Still need a little more? Paddle across Fontana Lake before you call it a day!
The adventure is yours for the taking, no matter how you choose to arrange this exciting portfolio of outdoor activities! Brand New for 2018: an awesome new obstacle in ZLAP (our Aerial Adventure Park) - a climbing wall with three stations for a whole new challenge!
These are intineraries recommended by our guides -- how you schedule the Adventure Pass is completely up to you! Simply pick the time for your raft trip and spend the rest of your day exploring the other 3 activities. Adventure Pass activities begin at 9AM and should be completed by 6PM.
- 8:30AM: Checkin for Rafting
- 9:00AM: Guided Rafting Trip down the Nantahala
- 12:00PM: Return from Rafting and Grab Lunch
- 1:30PM: Head to the Zip Line Adventure Park
- 3:00PM: Explore Lake Fontana on a SUP or Kayak
- 5:00PM: Cruise the Flint Ridge Trails on a Specialized Mountain Bike
- 9:00AM: Arrive at the Adventure Center
- 9:15AM: Gear Up for a Mountain Bike trip on Flint Ridge Trail
- 11:00AM: Explore the Trees at the Zip Line Adventure Park
- 12:00PM: Break for a Riverside Lunch at Big Wesser BBQ
- 1:00PM: Cool off on a fully guided raft trip down the Nantahala
- 4:00PM: Chill Out on a Stand Up Paddleboard on Lake Fontana
What our Guests are Saying:
NOC's 500-acre adventure center is located at the intersection of the Nantahala River and Appalachian Trail.
Guest amenities include:
- Outdoor recreation activities including rafting, kayaking, zip lines, and mountain biking
- Three restaurants, including two on the riverfront
- Four retail stores, including NOC's flagship Outfitter's Store
- Rustic cabin and bunkhouse lodging for over 200
- Terminus for the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
- One mile of Lake Fontana frontage with lake kayak and SUP program
- Host to over 30 annual events, from world championships to music festivals
Nantahala Outdoor Center's main campus, the Nantahala River Outpost is located in far Western North Carolina on US Highway 19. 12 miles from Bryson City and on the south side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the outpost is nestled in the Nantahala Gorge. If you are on a Rapid Transit rafting/train excursions, the meeting place is in Bryson City at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad Depot.
From Asheville, NC: Take I-40 West towards Knoxville, TN. Take exit 27 onto US 74 West towards Waynesville. Stay on 74 West, the outpost is 50 miles down this road. 8 miles past Bryson City, the 4-lane will split into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74, the left lane. You will enter the Nantahala Gorge and after 4.3-miles you see the Nantahala River and NOC's Nantahala Outpost.
From Gatlinburg, TN: Take 441 South through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and through Cherokee. Just past Cherokee, get on 74 West. After 15 miles, the road will split into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74 W, the left lane, and continue the 4.3-miles to the NOC Nantahala Outpost.
From East Atlanta: Take I-85 North to I-985 North. At Gainesville, take 365 North to 441 North. Just past Dillsboro, NC, 441 merges with US 74. 8 miles past Bryson City, the 4-lane splits into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74, the left lane. Continue 4.3-miles and arrive at the NOC Nantahala Outpost.
From West Atlanta: Take I-75 North to I-575 North. I-575 becomes State Hwy 5, and then Hwy 76. Stay on this road until Blue Ridge, GA where you turn left onto Hwy 60 towards Mineral Bluff, GA. In Mineral Bluff, turn right onto Hwy 60 Spur. Follow it into North Carolina to US 74 East, turning right towards Murphy and Andrews when the road ends. Stay on 74 East, NOC's Nantahala Outpost is 20-miles past Andrews. You will follow the Nantahala River for the last 8-miles.
From Chattanooga, TN: Take I-75 North towards Cleveland, TN. Take the 1st Cleveland exit, the US 64 Bypass Exit. Go 6-miles and take the Ocoee Exit onto US 64 East towards Murphy, NC. In Murphy the road number changes to US 74. Stay on 74 East, NOC's Nantahala Outpost is 20-miles past Andrews. You will follow the Nantahala River for the last 8-miles.