Nantahala Adventure Pass with Raft or Duck Rentals in North Carolina
Duration: 5 - 8 Hours
Availability: Memorial Day - Labor Day
Activities: Raft or Duck Rental, Zip Line, Mountain Biking*
Price: From $150 From $60
Your Rafting Adventure Awaits in Bryson City, NC
Automatically save $5 by securing your Nantahala Guided package before you arrive on-site.
*Beginning July 17th, 2020 the Fontana Lake Rentals option is unavailable as part of the Adventure Pass.
With savings of close to $100 per person, you just can’t pass up NOC’s most convenient and popular multi-activity offering. With the Nantahala Adventure Pass combine up to three classic NOC activities for an action-packed day at our Adventure Resort. The Nantahala Adventure Pass is only available seasonally from Memorial Day-Labor Day. During the fall we recommend the River-to-Ridge package, Nantahala Fully Guided rafting trips, and the Mountaintop Zip Line Tour.
Test your skills with a splash down the Nantahala River on a self-guided whitewater rental (in a raft or inflatable kayak). Explore the treetops and climb, balance and zip through the air on our Zip Line Adventure Park. Looking for an adrenaline-packed afternoon – head out on one of our mountain bike’s to explore miles of groomed trails on Flint Ridge.
Arrange your day any way you choose with the Nantahala Adventure Pass. Start by selecting the time you would like to head down the river, and fill in the rest of your day with unlimited access to 2 incredible outdoor activities. Don't forget to take a break for lunch or a cold beverage at one of our restaurants or the NOC General Store.
Interested in a guided whitewater experience with a professional NOC raft guide? Check out our Nantahala Adventure Pass with Fully Guided Rafting – our most popular package.
These are itineraries recommended by our guides -- how you schedule the Adventure Pass is completely up to you! Simply pick the time for your raft trip and spend the rest of your day exploring the other 2 activities. The adventure pass opens at 9 AM and all activities should be completed by 6 PM.
- 9:00 AM: Checkin for whitewater rentals
- 9:30 AM: Guided Rafting Trip down the Nantahala
- 12:30 PM: Return from Rafting and Grab Lunch
- 2:00 PM: Head to the Zip Line Adventure Park
- 4:00 PM: Take a quick snack break and explore the NOC Outfitter's Store
- 5:00 PM: Cruise the Flint Ridge Trails on a Specialized Mountain Bike
- 9:00 AM: Arrive at the Adventure Center
- 9:15 AM: Gear Up for a Mountain Bike trip on Flint Ridge Trail
- 11:00 AM: Explore the Trees at the Zip Line Adventure Park
- 1:00 PM: Break for a Riverside Lunch at Big Wesser
- 2:00 PM: Cool off on a fully guided raft trip down the Nantahala
- 5:00 PM: Chill out riverside with a cold beverage an your feet in the river
What our Guests are Saying:
NOC's 500-acre adventure center is located at the intersection of the Nantahala River and Appalachian Trail.
Guest amenities include:
- Outdoor recreation activities including rafting, kayaking, zip lines, and mountain biking
- Three restaurants, including two on the riverfront
- Four retail stores, including NOC's flagship Outfitter's Store
- Rustic cabin and bunkhouse lodging for over 200
- Terminus for the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
- One mile of Lake Fontana frontage with lake kayak and SUP program
- Host to over 30 annual events, from world championships to music festivals
Nantahala Outdoor Center's main campus, the Nantahala River Outpost is located in far Western North Carolina on US Highway 19. 12 miles from Bryson City and on the south side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the outpost is nestled in the Nantahala Gorge. If you are on a Rapid Transit rafting/train excursions, the meeting place is in Bryson City at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad Depot.
From Asheville, NC: Take I-40 West towards Knoxville, TN. Take exit 27 onto US 74 West towards Waynesville. Stay on 74 West, the outpost is 50 miles down this road. 8 miles past Bryson City, the 4-lane will split into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74, the left lane. You will enter the Nantahala Gorge and after 4.3-miles you see the Nantahala River and NOC's Nantahala Outpost.
From Gatlinburg, TN: Take 441 South through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and through Cherokee. Just past Cherokee, get on 74 West. After 15 miles, the road will split into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74 W, the left lane, and continue the 4.3-miles to the NOC Nantahala Outpost.
From East Atlanta: Take I-85 North to I-985 North. At Gainesville, take 365 North to 441 North. Just past Dillsboro, NC, 441 merges with US 74. 8 miles past Bryson City, the 4-lane splits into two 2-lane roads. Stay on 74, the left lane. Continue 4.3-miles and arrive at the NOC Nantahala Outpost.
From West Atlanta: Take I-75 North to I-575 North. I-575 becomes State Hwy 5, and then Hwy 76. Stay on this road until Blue Ridge, GA where you turn left onto Hwy 60 towards Mineral Bluff, GA. In Mineral Bluff, turn right onto Hwy 60 Spur. Follow it into North Carolina to US 74 East, turning right towards Murphy and Andrews when the road ends. Stay on 74 East, NOC's Nantahala Outpost is 20-miles past Andrews. You will follow the Nantahala River for the last 8-miles.
From Chattanooga, TN: Take I-75 North towards Cleveland, TN. Take the 1st Cleveland exit, the US 64 Bypass Exit. Go 6-miles and take the Ocoee Exit onto US 64 East towards Murphy, NC. In Murphy, the road number changes to US 74. Stay on 74 East, NOC's Nantahala Outpost is 20-miles past Andrews. You will follow the Nantahala River for the last 8-miles.