Happy Hiker Day
Join us for Happy Hiker Day, a spring event celebrating the Year of the Trail and our love for hiking! At the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and the Nantahala River, we are proud to be a respite and guide for thru-hikers, day hikers, and anyone that wants to get out on the trail! Enjoy a free guided local hike, discounts on hiking gear, activities for kids, a trail mix bar, an AMA (ask me anything) with a former thru-hiker, and participate in a backpack shakedown! AT Thru-hikers and authors Josh and Amber Nevins will give a talk and book signing.
Schedule Of Events:
- 10% off Select Hiking Gear at our Outfitter’s Store.
- 11 am: Short guided informational hike to Rufus Morgan Appalachian Trail Shelter, 1.5 mile round trip- easy to moderate. Meet outside the General Store.
- Pack Shakedowns with our experienced retail guides at the Outfitters Store.
- 12 pm: Kids Activities on River Left. See signs for details
- 12:30 pm – 1 pm: “Ask Me Anything” with former 2016 Thru-Hiker “Hot Sauce”
- 2 pm: Book Signing/Presentation with Josh and Amber Niven upstairs in the Outfitter’s Store
See other great hiking events here: https://greattrailsnc.com/events/
Join us in Gatlinburg in April for our next hiking event!