Groups & Interests
Gain Confidence and Build Trust at Nantahala Outdoor Center
Experiential Learning and Adventure
NOC has over 40 years of experience in facilitating group adventures. Whether your focus is leadership, environmental education, or just fun, NOC has a variety of group packages available to fit the needs and goals of your school group or our dedicated staff can customize the perfect trip or course. Choose from whitewater rafting, zip lining, ropes courses, team building activities, wilderness education, and so much more.
Skill Building and Outcomes
NOC has worked with hundreds of public, charter, and private schools, travelling from more than ten states to provide skills to the next generation of leaders. Our professionally trained guides focus on key themes and outcomes like leadership, outdoor education, and high adventure to put your students on the right path to success. Taking education to the outdoors with NOC adventures promotes active learning while developing confidence, decision making, and skills as well as:
- Environmental Literacy: Understand society’s impact on the great outdoors. Teach students how to be good stewards of public lands.
- Communication and Collaboration: Work effectively in teams, make necessary compromises, and exhibit a willingness to be helpful.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adapt to various roles, deal with praise, setbacks and criticism; and balance inputs to reach workable solutions.
- Leadership and Responsibility: Use interpersonal skills to guide others toward a goal and inspire others to do their best.
Build Your Own Adventure
From Atlanta to Asheville, NOC offers a multitude of adventure options for your group’s single-day or multi-day field trip. Choose from whitewater rafting on seven rivers in the Southeast, or build a multi-adventure package on our 500-acre campus in Bryson city with rafting, zip lining, ropes courses, guided hikes, and more. For overnight trips, our team can customize packages for multiple activities with meals and lodging all in one place.
Contact NOC to book your next school trip and we’ll help you build the perfect experience with adventure and course packages, meals, transportation, and lodging. Request a group trips brochure or call us at 828.785.5010 for more information and pricing.
Nantahala Group Packages
We make your planning easy with our packages!
Pick your length of stay, from 2 to 5 days, and then choose from a menu of adventures, outdoor education activities, team building and leadership activities as well as evening entertainment and on-site meals!
Packages also include lodging at our Basecamp Bunks or our tented Campground.
- 2-Day Adventure Package
- Includes 1 night lodging, 2 meals, and choice of 2 activities.
- 3-Day Adventure
- Includes 2 nights lodging, 5 meals, and choice of 3 activities.
- 4-Day Adventure
- Includes 3 nights lodging, 8 meals, and choice of 5 activities.
- 5-Day Adventure Package
- Includes 4 nights lodging, 11 meals, and choice of 7 activities
Leaders in Outdoor Adventure Since 1972
Legacy in Adventure & Instruction
Leading and innovating in adventure, instruction and education since 1972.
Memorable Outdoor Experiences
Specializing in quality experiences, gear and guidance for all ability levels.
Connecting People & Places
Connecting people and places through fun, engaging and authentic interactions.