NOCtoberfest, NOC’s annual fall family fun event, returns!
Enjoy leaf season in the mountains at Nantahala Outdoor Center’s annual NOCtoberfest event on October 22nd, 2022.
This free, family-favorite celebration offers activities, kid-friendly live music, and prizes for all ages to enjoy.
Event highlights include:
- 12pm The Great Pumpkin Pursuit- grab your paddles and boats, or rent a ducky! We’re releasing 200 pumpkins down the Nantahala, the more you grab, the better your chances to win!
- How to win? Pumpkins will be numbered. Grand prizes for most pumpkins collected, then raffle numbers drawn for prizes to match numbered pumpkins!
- Sign Up Below or at 11am at the NOC Tent! Space is limited, pre-registration is recommended.
- Prizes awarded at Music Tent at 1pm, bring your numbered pumpkins.
- Post race, kids can paint the pumpkins starting at 2pm!
- 12-2pm Kids Trick or treating around campus- visit the General and Outfitters Stores, Rivers End Restaurant, the Adventure Deck, and Big Wesser for treats..no tricks, we promise!
- 12-4pm Local Artisan Marketplace – shop from artisans with handmade jewelry, hats, and more!
- 2-3pm Kids & Pet Costume Contest and Parade- dress up for prizes and for scares if you dare! Prizes are given to the best dog costumes!
- 1pm-4pm Live Music: Blues with Blue
- 2-3pm S’Mores at the Bon Fire
- Fall hot drinks and Brats at Big Wesser- all day!
- Family Photo Fun with River the Otter, Fall scenery with the River as the backdrop, and more
PUMPKIN PURSUIT SIGN UP
Please read rules below before signing up.
- Private boaters- Free
- Single Ducky- $10
- Double Ducky- $15
The Pumpkin Pursuit will launch off Concrete Beach just above Nantahala Falls. NOC offers Single Ducky Rentals for $10, and Double Ducky Rentals for $15. Must be 9+ for single, and 7+ accompanied by an adult for double. We recommend all participants have previous paddling experience. Normal ducky rules apply. Meet at the Adventure Deck prior to race 11-11:15am to sign a waiver and get geared up. Space is limited sign up and get your boat rental in early. All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater activities. No rafts this time- sorry!