Guest Appreciation Month (GAF)
Special Guest Appreciation Festival Update: August 24, 2021
Like you, we were excited to bring the community back together for a full GAF weekend this year. However, out of the abundance of caution, we have decided to move to a Guest Appreciation Month of Celebration. Similar to last year, we will host online sales, virtual events, giveaways, and more. We will continue to be open for adventure, shopping, and dining, and offer live music on the weekends along with some pop-up events.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to bringing you the biggest and best 50th Anniversary Season and Guest Appreciation Festival Celebration in 2022.
Guest Appreciation Month Activities:
Celebrate with us all month long! We invite our guests, friends, and families to join us for socially-distanced sales and activities along the Nantahala River through September. After Labor Day, each weekend we will have live music, special sales on gear, giveaways, virtual events, and more! Follow along on Facebook and Instagram pages for details about pop-up events and special announcements each week.
- Used boat sale kicks off at store.noc.com. Shop them until they’re gone!
- Find Eddie Scavenger Hunt begins – earn deals on gear and win prizes all month long!
- Saturday Night Live Music by Pioneer Chicken Stand 6-9 PM
- Live Music Saturday Night – to be announced
- Friday 9/24 Live Music – Natti Lovejoys 3-6 PM, Scott James Stambaugh 7-9 PM
- Friday 9/24 – Build Your Own S’Mores by the Bonfire 5-8 PM
- Saturday 9/25 – Beach Takeover with Dagger and Pyranha 4-6 PM
- Saturday 9/25 – Check Presentation to American Whitewater 6 PM
- Saturday 9/25 Live Music – Meat & Potatoes Orchestra 7-9 PM
Stay tuned for additional events, giveaways, and more!
Plus, enjoy NOC’s 500-acre adventure campus offerings including:
- Riverside Dining at Big Wesser and River’s End Restaurant
- Nantahala Fully Guided Whitewater Rafting Trips
- Raft and Duck Rentals
- Zip Lining at the Mountaintop Zip Line Tour
- Aerial obstacles in the Zip Line Adventure Park
- Mountain Biking
- Onsite Lodging
- NOC’s two-story Outfitter’s Store filled with hiking, paddling, camping gear and more!
Not available for 2021.
Cascades and Upper Nantahala Release Shuttle:
Not available for 2021.
No Unauthorized Camping: There will be no camping allowed in any of the parking areas or in unauthorized zones on NOC property.
No Unauthorized Parking: There will be remote parking areas with continual shuttles in addition to on-campus areas. DO NOT PARK ALONG HIGHWAY.