Nantahala River Raft & Duck Rentals in North Carolina
Paddle the scenic Nantahala River at your own pace with a raft or ducky rental. Perfect for experienced paddlers and groups of any size.
Raft and ducky rentals are perfect for guests who love the guided rafting trip experience but want to take adventure to the next level. Paddle at your own pace stopping to swim or surf, practice your skills as you navigate the Nantahala River across bouncy waves and mild rapids. NOC provides a pre-trip orientation, professionally maintained boats suitable for any group size, and a shuttle to the put-in. Choose from rafts or inflatable kayak “duckies” in single or tandem.
NOC is one of the only outfitters where rental trips end right back at the main outpost, with no wait times for a second shuttle.
Previous whitewater experience is recommended.
- Raft and ducky rentals are ideal for guests that love the guided whitewater experience, but want to take the adventure level up a notch.
- Practice paddling skills with the perfect mix of fun class II-III rapids, waves, and splashes with calmer floating spots, finishing with Nantahala Falls.
- NOC provides high-quality boats and gear to fit any sized group with rafts or inflatable duckies in single or tandem.
- The Nantahala River is the quintessential mountain river with spectacular scenery and clear water.
What to Expect
A rentals rafting or ducky trip will take approximately 3 – 4 hours total with 2 – 3 hours spent on the river.
Please check in for your trip 45 minutes prior to your reservation on the Adventure Deck at NOC Bryson City.
After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with pfds and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through bouncy waves, cool mountain water, and fun rapids ending at Nantahala Falls.
Nantahala Adventure Pass - Get the Best Value of The Summer!
Nantahala Adventure Pass with Raft or Duck Rentals in North Carolina
Add zip lining and mountain biking to your rental adventure and save more than $50 per person with the Adventure Pass. Available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
NOC provides all boats, paddling equipment, and pfds for this self-guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Wet Suits & Splash Gear (by request)
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with a back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing that can get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
Previous whitewater experience recommended. All participants must weigh at least 60 pounds OR be seven years old. To rent a single duck, participants must be at least nine years old.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
Enjoy riverside dining at one of our two locations conveniently located right on campus. River’s End Restaurant offers American-style cuisine with pizza, sandwiches, salads and more. Big Wesser features quick Southern fare like burgers and barbeque. Both have a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
Additional snacks and drinks are available for purchase at the Outfitter’s Store or the General Store.