Southeastern River Explorer Camp – Atlanta
Campers will spend each day exploring different nearby southeastern rivers outside of Atlanta, learning techniques, and making new friends along the way!
A summer camp adventure they’ll never forget! NOC invites intermediate to advanced adventurers to experience the world of paddlesports in the Southeast United States in this multi-day adventure camp.
Campers will get to explore the Chattahoochee River, as well as the Cartecay, and Ocoee Rivers while having fun and learning the fundamentals of different river crafts and whitewater rafts. NOC professionally trained guides will fit campers with gear and pfds and teach them the proper techniques to enjoy the river. A great, five-day paddling adventure that is ideal for kids and teens of intermediate or advanced skill levels and young adventure enthusiasts that want to try out different boats, make new friends, explore the southeast and get outside in nature.
What to Expect
Campers will spend each day of camp experiencing a new activity, learning fundamentals, and exploring the outdoors!
*Itineraries are subject to change, but here is an example of a typical camp week:
- Monday: Rafting on the Chattahoochee River
- Tuesday: Duckies (inflatable kayaks) on the Cartecay River
- Wednesday: Stand up paddleboard out & backs on the Chattahoochee River
- Thursday: Guided whitewater rafting on the Middle Ocoee River
- Friday: Tubing on the Chattahoochee River
|Jun 12-16, 2023||Atlanta, GA|
|Jul 10-14, 2023||Atlanta, GA|
- All necessary paddlesports equipment
- In-Course Transportation
- Paddling Instruction & Guides
NOC provides the primary gear needed for each course, including boats, paddles, and PFDs.
Participants will need to provide individual items outlined below.
- MUST HAVE Water Shoes or sandals with a heel strap
- Long-sleeve sun shirt or short-sleeve shirts made of synthetic material (not cotton)
- Board shorts or nylon shorts / swimsuit / swimwear
- Reusable Water Bottle
Other Suggested Items:
- Extra pair of glasses or contacts (if applicable)
- Bug spray
- Extra pair of shoes
- A bag to store wet/dirty clothes and shoes
- A towel and change of clothes
We recommend to leave all valuables at home.
Participants must be 13-15 years old. No previous experience is necessary.
Please pack a bagged lunch for your camper, suggested lunch items are below. Participants are encouraged to bring additional snacks and beverages including a water bottle, as needed. NOC provides a water bottle refilling station onsite.
What to Pack for Lunch:
- Bottled water and juice boxes
- Granola or breakfast bars
- Raw vegetables
- Individually wrapped sandwiches
- Fresh fruit (like apples and grapes)
- Dried fruit
- String cheese
- Individual portions of packaged nuts, crackers, trail mix or chips
- Rice cakes
- Animal crackers
- Napkins and/or hand wipes