Fontana Lake Kayak & SUP Rentals
Explore beautiful Fontana Lake at your own pace by way of Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard. NOC offers both tandem and single kayak rentals so you can enjoy a peaceful trip on the lake alone or with a friend! Keep your ears open for the sound of waterfalls and your eyes peeled for signs of wildlife.
Explore the beautiful scenery of Fontana Lake with a Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) rental! These two hour rentals allow you to discover the lake at your own pace. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife like Osprey, Kingfishers, Box Turtles, Ducks, and River Otters – a variety of animals all play in Fontana Lake.
Fontana Lake forms part of the southern border of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the northern border of Nantahala National Park, ensuring it as a gathering spot for hikers, campers, fishermen, and recreational boaters.
Dogs are welcome to join in on our lake activities! Here are a few important guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Dogs must wear a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) at all times while on the lake. NOC does not provide animal PFDS, they must be brought by the owner.
- All dogs must be leashed on NOC property, when not participating in lake activities.
- Weight limitations for dogs on NOC Lake Crafts:
- Sit on Top Kayaks- 50lbs or less
- SUP (Stand-Up Paddleboard) – 25lbs or less.
We can’t wait to create unforgettable moments for you and your furry friends at NOC!
- Single or tandem kayaks available for you to explore alone or with a friend.
- Stand Up Paddleboards and kayaks give you the freedom to explore any of the coves of Fontana Lake at your own pace.
- NOC provides the latest in gear and equipment for you to take out on the water.
- Explore the wildlife of Fontana Lake including River Otters, Box Turtles, Kingfishers, and Osprey!
What to Expect
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your reservation time and check in at NOC’s Adventure Center. Once you have checked in, you will be given an appropriately sized PFD (personal flotation device) and shown the location of NOC’s put in on Fontana Lake. An expert NOC Guide will greet you and help you choose your rental and begin your Fontana Lake adventure.
All necessary gear and equipment is included for your Fontana Lake rental.
Dress to get wet! Comfortable clothing that is quick-drying is appropriate, with water shoes or non-slip shoes that have heel and toe straps. Guests will likely want to bring a change of clothes for after their rental, changing rooms are available onsite. Please remember that anything you choose to bring on your rental trip can and may get wet, we recommend locking belongings in your vehicle and an NOC Guide will hold your keys.
Single boaters must be at least 8 years old. Tandem kayaks may be used by children as young as 4 with an accompanying adult.
Enjoy riverside dining at one of our two locations conveniently located right on campus. River’s End Restaurant offers American-style cuisine with pizza, sandwiches, salads and more. Big Wesser features quick Southern fare like burgers and barbeque. Both have a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
Additional snacks and drinks are available for purchase at the Outfitter’s Store or the General Store.