Mountain Biking Rentals at Flint Ridge
Rent an industry-leading Specialized Bike from Nantahala Outdoor Center and hit the trails of the Nantahala Gorge! From to onsite Flint Ridge Trail to the well-known Tsali trail just down the road, NOC guides are onsite to help you plan an outing.
NOC provides industry-leading Specialized Bikes for guests to enjoy the many beautiful trails of the Nantahala Gorge. Take a spin on Flint Ridge Trail, seven miles of smooth, private trails located on the campus of Nantahala Outdoor Center and in the heart of adventure. Or, load up and head out to one of the local area trails, like the well-known favorite Tsali Bike trail.
Whether you are looking for a family-friendly ride or a heart-pounding technical adventure, NOC Guides are here to help you plan your trip.
- Industry-leading Specialized Bikes are available to rent for both Adults and Youth.
- Enjoy onsite smooth private trails at Flint Ridge, or take the adventure off-campus for an afternoon of technical adventure.
- NOC Provides rentals for a full day – with limited bike racks available to check out for your vehicle.
- Spend time at your own pace exploring the Nantahala National Forest.
What to Expect
All guests will check-in at NOC’s Adventure Center for mountain bike rentals. If you would like to ride on NOC’s Flint Ridge Trail property, you will be shuttled to our top of the mountain bike shop to be outfitted with an appropriately-sized Specialized bike. From there, you will be given an overview of NOC’s trail system and take off on your adventure! Should you choose to take your bike rental off of NOC’s campus, you will follow an NOC bike guide in your car to our bike shop. There, you will be sized for your bike and equipment, and we will provide a bike rack to fit your vehicle as needed. All rentals must be returned an hour before NOC’s bike shop closes.
- Must be between 4’11” and 6’4” in height
- Must know how to ride a bike in general
- Wear close toed shoes
- Remove any items from pockets that may fall and cause injury
- Secure hair and loose clothing
- Be physically capable of strenuous exercise
NOC provides all necessary equipment for this trip, including bikes and helmets. NOC also has a limited supplies of bike racks for taking rentals to off-campus trails.
All participants should wear closed-toe shoes for this activity. Clothing should be comfortable for navigating mountain trails. If you have clipless pedals and shoes you may bring them for an NOC guide to attach.
Enjoy riverside dining at one of our two locations conveniently located right on campus. River’s End Restaurant offers American-style cuisine with pizza, sandwiches, salads and more. Big Wesser features quick Southern fare like burgers and barbeque. Both have a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
Additional snacks and drinks are available for purchase at the Outfitter’s Store or the General Store.