Kids Kayaking Course – Chattahoochee River
Kids of all skill levels have the opportunity to practice, learn, and advance their whitewater kayaking skills under expert guidance from NOC’s Paddling School instructors!
This two-day course is full of fun and excitement and perfect for kids of all skill levels! Enjoy time on the Chattahoochee River with NOC’s elite team of instructors learning, building, or perfecting your paddling skills. Kids will be grouped according to skill level and experience to create a fun and learning atmosphere for all participants. Kids ages 9-17 are welcome!
Call 828.488.7249 for more information or to register by phone.
What You’ll Learn
- Paddlers will be assessed for skill level then broken into groups in order to work on their skills and goals, learning paddling techniques, river running, and more.
Skills You’ll Acquire
- Instructors will work on the goals and skills depending on the level of each individual participant.
What to Expect
Participants will begin by getting outfitted with the latest in whitewater gear before heading out to participate in a skills assessment to be divided into groups. Paddlers will go to appropriate sections of a nearby lake or the Chattahoochee River to practice and learn whitewater paddling skills and techniques. NOC provides lunch to participants each day. Participants will check in at 8:30AM at NOC’s Powers Island Outpost, and the course will complete at 4:30PM each day.
- All necessary specialty whitewater equipment
- Lunch & In-Course Transportation
- Access to NOC’s extensive fleet of instruction boats for in-clinic use
- NOC’s highly trained, ACA certified instruction
NOC provides the primary gear needed for each course, including specialty boats, paddles, PFDs, and helmets.
Participants will need to provide individual gear outlined below.
- Face Mask / Cloth Face Covering
- Shorts / Swimwear
- Water Shoes or Old Sneakers
- Synthetic T-Shirts
- Sunscreen / Lip Balm
- Towel and Change of Clothes
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Clothing and Personal Items
- Nose Clips
- Sunglasses with Strap
- Hat or Visor
- Ear Plugs (if sensitive to water)
Participants must be 9-17 years old. No previous experience is necessary.
Lunch is included in the course fee. Participants are encouraged to bring additional snacks and beverages as needed.