Middle Ocoee High Adventure
The Middle Ocoee High Adventure is a new and exciting way to experience “America’s most popular river trip.” with five miles of exciting rapids and whitewater action. This half-day guided trip is perfect for anyone looking for high adventure in Tennessee.
For adventure enthusiasts with rafting experience, the Middle Ocoee High Adventure trip brings non-stop action and a unique opportunity to explore and play on one of America’s most popular whitewater rivers.
The Middle Ocoee High Adventure is an exciting and challenging half-day trip offering an opportunity to experience the thrills and dig deeper into the one-of-kind river features the Middle Ocoee has to offer. Paddle through five miles of continuous and exciting Class III and IV rapids, and your elite NOC Guide will captain and instruct you and the crew through a rip-roaring surf experience on no less than four major rapids. In the midst of all the action, you will enjoy a break to jump and swim in the pools of the river and a riverside snack.
This Guide-developed adventure will have you crashing through big waves, spinning on the eddy lines and surfing in the current. Surfing a raft is the most playful way to feel the full force of the river. Surfing will get you into the Flow State as you focus on using the power of river to perform advanced maneuvers in this immersive experience. Active participation is the only way to make the most of this experience as your Guide will rely on you and your crew to take on the challenges of the Ocoee.
- New in 2022 with limited trip availability!
- Middle Ocoee High Adventure is an exciting half-day trip offering a unique adventure with activities unparalleled for individuals or families.
- Paddle through five miles of Class III and IV rapids like Table Saw, Broken Nose, Double Trouble, and Powerhouse.
- NOC elite guides will navigate paddlers through epic drops and river rapids, creating an adventure full of splashes.
- The Ocoee River winds its way through the Blue Ridge mountains with scenic views and rich history.
- After your trip, stay and rehash the fun over a celebratory beverage at our Beer Garden, right on site.
What to Expect
This trip will last approximately 4-4.5 hours, with 2.5 hours on the river and the rest on trip preparation and shuttle.
Please check-in for your trip 30 minutes before your reservation at NOC’s Ocoee River Outpost, considering that Ocoee trips run on Eastern Standard Time. After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with PFD and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Once in the raft, your experienced guide will walk you through the rafting terminology and what to expect. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through exciting rapids and learning techniques and tricks to surf a Class III or higher rapid with a raft!
NOC provides all paddling equipment and pfds for this guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Wet Suits & Splash Gear (by request)
- Shuttle to and from put in and take out
- Riverside Snack
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with a back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes, shoes, and a towel for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing that can get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
We highly recommend previous whitewater experience on at least Class III rapids.
Participants must be at least 13 years old for this intermediate trip and experience swimming is a must.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
Drinks and snacks are provided on this trip.