Ocoee River Rafting: Full-Day Combo (with Lunch)
This full-day, guided trip combines the action-packed Upper and Lower Ocoee and a riverside lunch. Experience exciting Olympic caliber rapids through the mountains in Tennessee.
The Ocoee Full Day trip in Eastern Tennessee combines both the Upper Ocoee River with the popular Middle Ocoee for 8.5 miles of whitewater thrills and a riverside lunch.
Paddlers will experience the Olympic caliber Upper Ocoee with five miles of Class IV rapids and the relentless 1996 Olympic whitewater slalom course led by NOC elite guides. Between the two sections, the trip stops for a picnic lunch and then proceeds to the popular five-mile Middle Ocoee trip.
With more named rapids than any other Southeastern whitewater rafting trip, the Ocoee Full-Day is a must-experience whitewater adventure while enjoying the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee.
- The Full Day Ocoee Combo is an exciting full-day trip offering non-stop adventure on two sections of the Ocoee River with a riverside lunch.
- Paddle through ten miles of Class I to IV rapids including the epic slalom section of the 1996 Olympics.
- NOC elite guides will navigate paddlers through epic drops and river rapids creating an adventure full of splashes and laughter.
- The Ocoee River winds its way through the Smoky Mountains with scenic views and rich history.
What to Expect
This trip will last approximately 5.5 hours, with 4 hours on the river and the rest on trip preparation and riverside lunch.
Please check-in for your trip 30 minutes prior to your reservation at NOC’s Ocoee River Outpost, keeping in mind that Ocoee trips run on Eastern Standard Time. After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with pfds and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Once in the raft, your experienced guide will walk you through the rafting lingo and what to expect. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through bouncy waves and exciting rapids stopping halfway for a riverside lunch, then finishing the rest of the day on the Middle Ocoee section.
NOC provides all paddling equipment and pfds for this guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Wet Suits & Splash Gear (by request)
- Shuttle to and from the put in and take out
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with a back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing that can get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
This is a higher adventure trip and a full day of active paddling. Rafters must be at least 13 years of age for this advanced-level trip.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
A deli-style lunch will be served riverside. Please bring a water bottle or purchase one in our outpost store.