Pedal & Paddle: Guided Rafting & Mountain Biking Package
Combine two of our most popular guided adventures rafting the Nantahala River and mountain biking on local Tsali Trails in this full day of fun!
Guided mountain biking and rafting near Bryson City! Save up to $25 per person off standard pricing when booking this multi-adventure package.
Experience two of our favorite guided adventures with a pedal and a paddle! Start the morning with a guided mountain biking trip on the local Tsali Trails. Enjoy fantastic views and well-maintained, single-track trails that are considered to be moderate in difficulty. A snack is included with the trip. Our guides will fit each rider on one of our Specialized bikes and review mountain biking basics before the trip begins.
Break for lunch at one of our on-campus restaurants, then spend the afternoon paddling down the crystal clear Nantahala River. Enjoy fun splashes and mild Class I-II rapids as your guide navigates your raft sharing information about the area. Experience the exciting Class III Nantahala Falls at the finish bringing you right back on campus. All gear and fittings are included.
This is the best guided adventure package in the area!
- Ride local Tsali trails conveniently located a short shuttle drive from campus.
- NOC mountain biking guides will fit you with appropriate bikes and gear and help you navigate the trails.
- Raft the scenic Nantahala River, with the perfect mix of fun Class II-III rapids, waves, and splashes with calmer floating spots to take in the picturesque mountain scenery.
- Experienced guides will teach your group how to navigate the river while sharing river stories and interesting facts about the area.
- NOC has been guiding families and groups down the river for over 50 years with many returning year after year.
What to Expect
- All participants must be at least 7 years of age to raft. Bike riders must be a minimum height of 4’11” and be comfortable on a bike. All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities and the Mountain Biking tour.
- This is a full day activity that will run rain or shine.
- For rafting, dress for getting wet and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet (flip-flops are NOT acceptable footwear). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available. In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics or wool instead.
- For mountain biking, please wear closed-toe tennis shoes or sneakers and comfortable clothing.
NOC provides all necessary gear and equipment. Your group will spend part of the day mountain biking on Tsali Recreational Area and the other half rafting the Nantahala River.
- For mountain biking, please wear closed-toe shoes like sneakers or tennis shoes. We recommend you bring along a water bottle for hydration.
- For rafting, dress for getting wet and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet (flip-flops are NOT acceptable footwear). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms and pay showers available. In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks instead.
All participants must be ages 7 and up, and be a minimum height of 4’11 to raft and bike. All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities and the mountain biking tour.
Enjoy riverside dining at one of our two locations conveniently located right on campus. River’s End Restaurant offers American-style cuisine with pizza, sandwiches, salads and more. Big Wesser features quick Southern fare like burgers. Both have a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
The General or Outfitter’s Store has snacks, drinks, hiking, and camping provisions for purchase.