River to Ridge: Rafting and Zip Line Package
Combine two of our most popular adventures and save with our River to Ridge package! Fly on over two miles of zip lines through the Smoky Mountain skies on NOC’s Mountaintop Zip Line Tour! Combine with a guided whitewater rafting trip for a day of adventure you’ll never forget!
Save $25 per person off standard pricing when booking a multi-adventure package!
Experience the Nantahala River Gorge by water and by air. Start the morning with a fully-guided whitewater rafting trip, splashing down the crystal-clear waters of the Nantahala and running Class III Nantahala Falls. Grab lunch on campus at one of our beautiful riverside restaurants before heading to your next adventure: the Mountaintop Zip Line Tour. Here you’ll complete your day by soaking in 360° views of the Great Smoky Mountains and Lake Fontana and soaring on two miles of zip lines, including the breath-taking half-mile Mega Zip. Or – reverse your day and spend the morning zipping through the trees and the afternoon splashing down the beautiful Nantahala River. This is the best rafting and zip line package in North Carolina.
NOC provides all necessary gear and equipment.
- The Nantahala River provides the perfect mix of fun class II-III rapids, waves, and splashes with calmer floating spots to take in the picturesque mountain scenery.
- Experienced guides will teach your group how to navigate the river while sharing river stories and interesting facts about the area.
- NOC has been guiding families and groups down the river for almost 50 years with many returning year after year.
- You will explore over 2 miles of stunning scenery as you zip from platform to platform, high above the treetops.
- The Mountaintop Zip Line Tour culminates with the breathtaking Mega-Zip, a 1/2-Mile of flying high above the treetops with 360-degree views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
What to Expect
- All participants must be between 100 and 250 pounds and a minimum of 10 years of age. All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities and the Mountaintop Zip Line Tour
- This is a full day activity that will run rain or shine.
- For rafting, dress for getting wet and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet (flip-flops are NOT acceptable footwear). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available. In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics or wool instead.
- For the zip portion, please wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing.
Upgrade Your Adventure
NOC provides all necessary gear and equipment. Your group will spend part of the day rafting the Nantahala River and the other part of the day zip lining on the Mountaintop Zip Line.
- For rafting, dress for getting wet and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet (flip-flops are NOT acceptable footwear). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms and pay showers available. In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks instead.
- For the zip line portion, please wear closed-toe shoes. We recommend you bring along a water bottle with a carabiner to clip to your harness to stay hydrated.
All participants must be between 100 and 250 pounds and a minimum of 10 years of age. All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities and the Mountaintop Zip Line Tour.
Enjoy riverside dining at one of our two locations conveniently located right on campus. River’s End Restaurant offers American-style cuisine with pizza, sandwiches, salads and more. Big Wesser features quick Southern fare like burgers and barbeque. Both have a great selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
The General or Outfitter’s Store has snacks, drinks, hiking, and camping provisions for purchase.