French Broad Rafting: Half-Day Deluxe (with Lunch)
This half-day trip offers family-friendly whitewater rafting on the French Broad with fun rapids, scenic mountain views of Pisgah Forest and a riverside lunch. One of the best things to do in Asheville, NC.
Great for beginner paddlers and families, guests will raft five miles of the scenic French Broad River deep in Pisgah National Forest. NOC professionally trained guides will navigate you through splashy Class II and III rapids with swift-moving channels and large boulders.
On this deluxe trip, your group will stop to enjoy a riverside lunch before continuing downriver through roaring rapids and big splashes!
With its warm waters, continuous splashing rapids and scenic mountain views, the French Broad River is one of the best things for families to do in Asheville, NC.
- This trip is perfect for families, children and young teenagers and groups of any experience level, offering splashy Class II and III rapids.
- Enjoy a scenic riverside lunch and swimming.
- Professionally trained guides will navigate you down the river, sharing the French Broad’s rich history, and pointing out flora and fauna.
- The French Broad River is the third-oldest river in the world, located deep in the rugged Pisgah National Forest offering stunning views
What to Expect
This trip will take approximately 3-5 hours, with 1.5 to 3.5 hours on the river (including riverside lunch). The remainder of the time will be spent on trip preparation and shuttle.
Please check-in for your trip 30 minutes prior to your reservation at NOC’s French Broad Outpost near Hot Springs, NC. After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with pfds and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Once in the raft, your experienced guide will walk you through the rafting lingo and what to expect. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through bouncy waves, cool mountain water, and fun rapids stopping for a riverside lunch and optional swim.
Check-in 45 minutes prior to your trip time at NOC’s French Broad River Outpost near Hot Springs, NC.
NOC provides all paddling equipment and PFDs for this guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing to get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics instead. Wool socks are also recommended.
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
This is an intermediate river trip & participants should all be 8 years of age or older.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
A deli-style lunch will be served riverside. Please bring a water bottle or purchase one in our outpost store.