Ocoee River Rafting: Middle Ocoee
The Middle Ocoee is “America’s most popular river trip” with five miles of exciting rapids and whitewater action. This half day guided trip is perfect for anyone looking for adventure in Tennessee.
For guests looking for epic adventure and thrills, the Middle Ocoee brings nonstop action earning its title as “America’s most popular river trip”. With continuous rapids and big, splashy water, this trip is a bucket list for visitors in the Cherokee National Forest of Tennessee. This half day guided trip offers just the right intensity and action-packed whitewater.
Against the backdrop of the Ocoee Dam #2, the adventure begins with an explosive entrance rapid, Grumpy. The whitewater action continues for five miles with highlights including Class III and IV rapids like Table Saw, Broken Nose, Double Trouble, and Powerhouse that will leave you soaked and smiling.
Save $15 per person with our Half-Day Discount Special, valid when you book select late afternoon trips.
- The Middle Ocoee is an exciting half day trip offering non-stop adventure for individuals, families, or groups.
- Paddle through five miles of Class III and IV rapids like Table Saw, Broken Nose, Double Trouble, and Powerhouse.
- NOC elite guides will navigate paddlers through epic drops and river rapids creating an adventure full of splashes and laughter.
- The Ocoee River winds its way through the Smoky Mountains with scenic views and rich history.
What to Expect
This trip will last approximately 3-3.5 hours, with 1.5 hours on the river and the rest on trip preparation and shuttle.
Please check-in for your trip 30 minutes prior to your reservation at NOC’s Ocoee River Outpost, keeping in mind that Ocoee trips run on Eastern Standard Time. After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with pfds and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Once in the raft, your experienced guide will walk you through the rafting lingo and what to expect. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through bouncy waves and exciting rapids.
June Rafting Special
Save $5 per person when you book a Middle Ocoee Rafting Trip in June!
Use Code OCOFUN at checkout by June 30, 2022!
NOC provides all paddling equipment and pfds for this guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Wet Suits & Splash Gear (by request)
- Shuttle to and from put in and take out
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with a back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes, shoes, and a towel for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing that can get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
Participants must be at least 12 years old for this intermediate trip.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
Please bring your own water bottle. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase in the Outpost Store. No meals are provided on this trip, but a riverside lunch is included on our Full Day Ocoee Rafting Combo Trip.