Fall River Explorer Youth Camp – Chattahoochee
Youth ages 10-13, can spend Atlanta fall break in the outdoors making new friends, learning new skills and exploring nature with the help of trained NOC guides.
A great way for kids to spend their Atlanta fall break!
Campers, ages 10 – 13 with some paddling experience, will spend five days exploring the Chattahoochee River with different water crafts like sit on top kayaks, paddleboards, and tubes. This camp is a great way to get your kids outside in nature, making new friends, and learning river skills.
What to Expect
Participants will begin by getting outfitted with the latest in river gear before heading out onto the Chattahoochee River in Roswell with NOC Guides. They will be using sit-on-top kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and lazy river tubes. The kayak portion is an all-day adventure for six miles. The paddleboard part is two miles. This is a mostly flat water part of the river for all days.
Camp runs Monday through Friday. Participants will check-in at Don White Memorial Park, 925 Riverside Rd, Roswell, GA 30075, at 9AM and camp will end at 3PM each day.
- All necessary paddlesports equipment
- In-Course Transportation
- Paddling Instruction
NOC provides the primary gear needed for each course, including boats, paddles, and PFDs.
Participants will need to provide individual items outlined below.
- MUST HAVE Water Shoes or sandals with a heel strap
- Long-sleeve sun shirt or short-sleeve shirts made of synthetic material (not cotton)
- Board shorts or nylon shorts / swimsuit / swimwear
- Reusable Water Bottle
Other Suggested Items:
- Extra pair of glasses or contacts (if applicable)
- Bug spray
- Extra pair of shoes
- A bag to store wet/dirty clothes and shoes
- A towel and change of clothes
We recommend to leave all valuables at home.
Participants must be 10-13 years old with some paddling experience.
Please pack a bagged lunch for your camper; suggested lunch items are below. Participants are encouraged to bring additional snacks and beverages, including a water bottle, as needed. NOC provides a water bottle refilling station onsite.
What to Pack for Lunch:
- Bottled water and juice boxes
- Granola or breakfast bars
- Raw vegetables
- Individually wrapped sandwiches
- Fresh fruit (like apples and grapes)
- Dried fruit
- String cheese
- Individual portions of packaged nuts, crackers, trail mix or chips
- Rice cakes
- Animal crackers
- Napkins and/or hand wipes