Plenty of gift ideas, big and small, exist to make her next outdoor excursion more relaxing, fun and safe.
Flowers are optional, too.
Nantahala Outdoor Center hosts plenty of Moms in search of adventure with family and friends. Whether it’s for watersports, trail, camping or lifestyle use, NOC has the perfect gift. Here are some staff favorites for mom to take on her next journey.
All 4 of these items (plus the bonus!) are available at our retail locations in Bryson City, Gatlinburg and Asheville.
Astral TR1 Mesh watersports shoe ($125)
Photograph by Eric Parker
A comfortable and light water shoe is perfect for the mom who loves river adventures. Confidently embark on a wet-and-wild creek stomp or rafting trip with the kids with this must have shoe.
- The versatile and lightweight TR1 Mesh can double as a hiker and weighs just under 10 ounces.
- Well-ventilated with mesh and has toe drain ports to enhance water shedding.
- Features 5mm toe lugs and a non-marking sole.
Osprey Mira AG 26 Hydration day hiking pack ($165)
Thousands of hikers visit our Gatlinburg and Bryson City locations, and all agree pack fit is critical to enjoying day and overnight hikes. A comfortable pack that distributes weight evenly will put a spring in your step and smile on your face.
- Patented suspension system with hip belt to distribute and support the load comfortably and securely.
- Conveniently stash your trekking poles without removing the pack.
- A 2.5-liter reservoir with the at-the-ready bite valve provides enough fluids for most adventures.
- Removable rain cover will come in handy in unexpected weather.
Helinox Sunset Chair (from $149.95)
After a long day of adventuring, mom deserves to sit back and unwind. Light up the campfire, cue the sunset and give her the gear to relax in camping luxury.
- The Sunset chair features a high back rest to encourage you to lean back and kick off your boots.
- Easy set up uses a shock-cord pole structure.
- Weighs 3 pounds (3.3 packed inside included storage sack).
Sak Roots Large Smartphone Crossbody ($44)
The smartphone age has made most compact purses nearly obsolete. Finding one with secure storage, multiple ways to wear and pockets for credit cards, money and storage can make her travels more convenient (and stylish).
- The Sak Roots can be used as a wallet, wristlet or cross-body, featuring detachable straps.
- Comes with a choice of 14 stylish canvas print designs with a polyester interior.
- Will fit most popular smartphones.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
Bonus Points: Give the Gift of Adventure
Looking to package an adventure with Mom’s new gear? We’ve got that covered too. Take the family on a weekend getaway to our Nantahala Campus or one of 7 rivers across the Southeast.
- Enjoy a full day of fun with the Nantahala Adventure Pass.
- Weekend or private paddling instruction just for women.
- Family friendly trips on the Chattooga River.
- Relax near the big city on the Chattahoochee in Atlanta.