Plenty of gift ideas, big and small, exist to make her next outdoor excursion more relaxing, fun and safe.
Flowers are optional, too.
Nantahala Outdoor Center hosts plenty of Moms in search of adventure with family and friends. Whether it’s for watersports, trail, camping or lifestyle use, NOC has the perfect gift. Here are some staff favorites for mom to take on her next journey.
Astral TR1 Mesh watersports shoe ($125)
Photograph by Eric Parker
- The versatile and lightweight TR1 Mesh can double as a hiker and weighs just under 10 ounces.
- Well-ventilated with mesh and has toe drain ports to enhance water shedding.
- Features 5mm toe lugs and a non-marking sole.
Osprey Mira AG 26 Hydration day hiking pack ($165)
- Patented suspension system with hip belt to distribute and support the load comfortably and securely.
- Conveniently stash your trekking poles without removing the pack.
- A 2.5-liter reservoir with the at-the-ready bite valve provides enough fluids for most adventures.
- Removable rain cover will come in handy in unexpected weather.
Helinox Sunset Chair (from $149.95)
- The Sunset chair features a high back rest to encourage you to lean back and kick off your boots.
- Easy set up uses a shock-cord pole structure.
- Weighs 3 pounds (3.3 packed inside included storage sack).
Sak Roots Large Smartphone Crossbody ($44)
- The Sak Roots can be used as a wallet, wristlet or cross-body, featuring detachable straps.
- Comes with a choice of 14 stylish canvas print designs with a polyester interior.
- Will fit most popular smartphones.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.