French Broad River Rafting: Half-Day
Family-friendly whitewater rafting on the French Broad offers fun, splashy rapids and scenic mountain views of Pisgah National Forest. One of the best things to do in Asheville, NC.
Great for beginner paddlers and families, guests will raft five miles of the scenic French Broad River deep in Pisgah National Forest. NOC professionally trained guides will navigate you through splashy Class II and III rapids with swift-moving channels and large boulders.
On this exciting trip, your group will stop to enjoy a freshly prepared riverside lunch before heading downriver to finish the adventure.
With its warm waters, continuous splashing rapids and scenic mountain views, the French Broad River is one of the best things for families to do in Asheville, NC.
- This trip is perfect for families, children and young teenagers and groups of any experience level, offering splashy Class II and III rapids.
- Professionally trained guides will navigate you down the river, sharing the French Broad’s rich history, and pointing out flora and fauna.
- NOC is the longest continually operating outfitter on the French Broad.
- The French Broad River is the third-oldest river in the world, located deep in the rugged Pisgah National Forest offering stunning views.
What to Expect
The trip will take approximately 3-4 hours, with 1.5-2.5 hours on the river and the rest in trip preparation and shuttle.
Please check-in for your trip 45 minutes prior to your reservation at NOC’s French Broad Outpost near Hot Springs, NC. After a brief orientation and video, you’ll get geared up with pfds and paddles and load onto the big blue bus to shuttle to the river put in. Once in the raft, your experienced guide will walk you through the rafting lingo and what to expect. Then it’s down the river you go, paddling through bouncy waves, cool mountain water, and fun rapids.
Check in 45 minutes prior to your trip time at NOC’s French Broad River Outpost near Hot Springs, NC.
NOC provides all paddling equipment and PFDs for this guided adventure.
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
Dress in clothes that can get wet, and wear shoes that will stay securely on your feet, with back heel straps (flip flops are not recommended). Don’t forget dry clothes and shoes for after your trip. There are changing rooms available.
- Clothing/ to get wet
- Shoes that will stay securely on your feet
- In cooler weather, avoid wearing heavy cottons; wear synthetics and wool socks instead
*Please leave all personal belongings in your car, our guides will take your keys prior to the trip and hold them until your return.
This is an intermediate river trip & participants should all be 8 years of age or older.
All minors (17 and under) require the presence of an adult during whitewater rafting activities.
Please bring your own water bottle. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase in the Outpost Store.